Please forgive me, I am new to this! I am creating a blog to help me organize all of the wonderful thoughts and ideas I have swimming around my head and to help record the activities I attempt with my after school crew. I am not going to try to claim credit for most of the ideas I post on here because very few are my own. What I will do though is link back to the original site whenever possible and show you any adjustments I've made.

That being said, let the fun begin!

Thursday, 13 December 2012

Christmas Ornaments

My little elves have been busy making decorations for their trees.  Here are a few of their beautiful creations.



JEJ and Lulu hard at work. We wrapped cardboard stars with gardening twine and then covered with PVA glue and glitter... lots of glitter!




 The finished Star!






My favorite so far, these simple snowflakes were made from air drying clay.  We rolled out the clay, cut with a snowflake cookie cutter and then pressed the cut shape into pieces of lace.  To add some sparkle we painted with glitter paint.  *Top tip*  Make sure you add a hole for hanging before the clay dries!



These simple stars were made from glittery pipe cleaners and some large plastic beads.  Very simple for younger children.


A favorite one.  I remember making these as a kid!  Styrofoam balls are covered with foil and then using sewing pins, the children can attach sequins to add some color to the baubles. 













No comments:

Post a Comment