Please forgive me, I am new to this! I am creating a blog to help me organize all of the wonderful thoughts and ideas I have swimming around my head and to help record the activities I attempt with my after school crew. I am not going to try to claim credit for most of the ideas I post on here because very few are my own. What I will do though is link back to the original site whenever possible and show you any adjustments I've made.

That being said, let the fun begin!

Tuesday, 27 November 2012

It's All Fun and Games

I love games and thankfully so do the kids.  They have all come to expect a craft activity after school and when I'm out of ideas or just not feeling crafty I always reach for the games. 

Here are some of our favorite games to play.
  • Go Fish (card game) This is a great game.  It teaches colors, turn taking, memorization, the honor system and so much more.
  • Old Maid (card game) An oldie but goodie.
  • Cranium Hullabaloo I love this one! It gets the kids up and moving.
  • Hoot Owl Hoot (board game by Peaceable Kingdom) Another favorite.  The best part is that all of the children have to work together as a team, no tears at the end = happy me. 
  • Zingo A fun and fast paced version of Bingo.
  • http://cairnstoys.com/wp-content/themes/shopperpress/thumbs/CGGFAcolorgofishgame.jpg
    Go Fish
    http://codenamemama.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Hoot-Owl-Hoot-1.jpg
    Hoot Owl Hoot
http://www.fairplaygames.com/pics/CraniumHullabaloo.jpg
Hulabaloo
http://www.thegameaisle.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/zingo.jpg
Zingo

No comments:

Post a Comment